25 April 2018
Are you our next Team Leader for Collections?
We're looking for a Team Leader for Collections in Jersey to report to our Operations Director. Could you be that person? Read on for more information...
Purpose of the role: to manage the collections team in Jersey and Guernsey who manage customer accounts which fall into arrears. This is high leavel customer service role. To be successful you must be a self-motivated individual who has excellent planning and organisational skills. You need to be a good communicator with strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Manage portfolios within agreed Bad Debt budget.
- Coach and develop team members.
- Conduct monthly one to ones with collection team members.
- Ensure core principles of the Collections Policy are adhered to.
- Work with external trace and collection companies to maximise on collection/recovery.
- Negotiate with collection agents and auction houses to ensure fees are minimised.
- Implement indidivudal and team targets for the coklleciton fo late oayement fees.
- Understake internal training as required.
- Adhere to Compliance and Risk policies on Collections to ensure satisfactory Audit Gradings are achieves.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Team leader/supervisor experience.
- Excellent communciation and customer service skills.
- Good negotiator.
- Empathy and forbearance.
- Enthusiastic and dpendable.
- Numerical analysis and analytical skills.
- Team player.
- Goal orientated and focused.
- Previous collections/debt collection experience.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of collection activities.
Leading and Supervising
Persuading and Influencing
Learning & Researching
Formulating Strategies & Concepts
Planning & Organising
Coping with Pressure and Setbacks
Achieving Personal Work Goals
Working with People
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental plan
- Pension scheme
- Occasional travel inter island
- Share save scheme
If you'd like to find out more or apply for the role, please go to: https://closebrothers.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1245715?cid=1616